2013 Annual Meeting in Vicksburg, Mississippi
June 21-23rd, Vicksburg, Mississippi
Friday 21st June - free time in at County Courthouse
- 4-5 pm check-in for meeting (pay dues and reunion fees)
- Annual Dinner (supper) (fried fish and chicken)
- speaker: - subject: Rev. Newitt Vick, the founding of Vicksburg
Saturday - June 22nd
Please join us for a lovely hors d'oeuvres buffet at the Martha Vick house Saturday night. This beautiful and historic home was built for Martha, the never-married daughter Newitt and Elizabeth Clark Vick one of 13 and founder of Vicksburg. Our host for the evening, Mr. William Longfellow, is a good friend to the JVFOA, and was elected to honorary Vick status in 2010 by the unanimous decision of your Board. Experience an elegant Southern evening with your cousins.
- 7- 9 AM Breakfast
- 9 AM Board Meeting
- 10 AM Annual Meeting & Board Elections
- 11 AM Board Meeting & Officer Elections
- Noon box lunch –1 PM DNA Research, Data Base Project & Presentations
- 3 PM Trip to Civil War Memorial & Vick Cemetary
- 6 PM Dinner at the Martha Vick Home
- 7:30 Silent Auction
Sunday – June 24th
- Sunday Services (attend your local Church)
- 11 AM Family Networking
- Visit to Vicksburg Battlefield
In 2009 the Vicks got together in Vicksburg, Mississippi. The Annual Meeting was a great success! The Vicksburg Post wrote up a great article covering portions of the event.
Group Code: VFA
Hampton Inn & Suites Historic Park District
3330 Clay St.
Vicksburg, MS 39183
For reservations call 1-800-HAMPTON and state you are with the VFA group code. Reservations must
be received by05/31/2013; thereafter, reservations will be provided on a space available basis only.
GUARANTEE & METHOD OF PAY:
Individuals must provide a valid credit card when making a reservation.
Cancel by 6pm day of arrival to avoid charges to card.
ROOM TYPE RATE
06/21/2013 Friday through
King Suites $109.00**
**hotel rates include breakfast
and a Happy 2 Hours in the afternoon
1. Gailen Vick