Vick and Allied Families DNA Project, 23andME
- 23andMe has created a unique way of tracing your ancestry and finding cousins.
Scientific precision and detail.
- 23andMe pinpoints your maternal and paternal* lineage using more of your DNA than other services.
- More detail about your maternal and paternal* ancestry than other services.
- Genotyping of more than 50 ethnic groups worldwide in order to compare with the most diverse population possible.
- A growing database makes 23andMe's ancestry tools more powerful over time.
More ways to connect with your past.
- Trace your maternal line using mitochondrial DNA.
- Trace your paternal* line via the Y chromosome.
- Identify the region or regions where the majority of your ancestors likely originated using Global Similarity.
- Basic View: find which world subpopulation your DNA is most similar to.
- Advanced View: see yourself, your family, and your friends placed onto a map of genetic similarity, allowing the highest-resolution view into your ancestry.
- Use unique Ancestry Painting feature to see the continental origins of each DNA segment in your genome.
- Search for evidence of Native American ancestry in your genome using 23andMe's Native American Ancestry Finder.